Friday, 11 July 2008

my inner goth

the last few days have been a haze due to worrying and stressing about my boyfriends flat and how long we can stay in it before having to move back up to Stoke-on-Trent. thankfully it looks like things are slowly getting sorted out and so i can get back to the world of blogs.
today's outfit didn't have much thought put into it but somehow it actually looked alright, im loving this 'skinny' fitted blazer although i do not dare count how many blazers i now have in my wardrobe!
(blazer - Topshop, bodycon skirt - Topshop, silk tee - Boutique by Topshop, belt - vintage from Rokit, boots - vintage)

On other notes, im really starting to get excited about the new trends coming into play for the autumn and winter. i know its only mid July but my wardrobe has never been a great fan of summer colours and try as i might i just couldn't get used to wearing bold patterns and florals. so while flicking through the new issue of Vogue and Elle i felt a little excited to see the new trends on the catwalk, including power dressing and lace (my inner goth self does a little skip at this point!)
(picture from elleuk.com)

sharp readers may say 'hey i recognise that dress below' so yes i shall admit i bought another (i previously bought the dress in grey) of Topshop's lace dresses, this time in black. i have never ever bought two items of the same clothing in different colours and part of me felt guilty, but every time i passed this dress it seems to call out to me (again i fear my years as a teenage goth have crept up once again)
my argument; the dresses are investments, i don't think lace will ever go out of fashion.

or is this me just being greedy?

6 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I think its a fair argument. The dress is awesome and lace seems to be timeless.

Hannah said...

Haha, I don't blame you. That dress is beautiful! Is this their 'Vintage' lace dress?

Miss Woo said...

Hehe I'm saving up to buy that dress to (in the grey version), lace is so versaitaile! So its okay to get two ;)

L. said...

I wouldn't feel bad. Sometimes you really feel an affinty for a piece and then it becomes sort of a trademark. I have things that I am literally wearing to death and I don't know what I'll do when they fall apart. Plus its a gorgeous dress. Full stop.

elisabeth said...

hannah - yup its the 'vintage lace dress' at £45 :)

serenawilliams said...

Earning money online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month. So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income. All the best.