Tuesday, 12 August 2008

12//08//08

another day of work and revising, i cant wait until these 2 weeks are over and i can go back home and chill out in some good old fashioned irish pubs and laze about the beach. for now though i am cheering myself up by sorting out my wardrobe, for work today i decided to give my new skirt a go, i cant wait to see what else it goes with
(sheer t-shirt - Boutique, skirt - Topshop)

on my way to work i also popped into one of Hanley's many charity shops not really expecting to find anything but to my surprise i quite easily could have picked out over 10 items i wanted, however due to a tight budget i had to pick only 3 things,all at just a pound each;
a beautiful old holy necklace from europe and a pretty little ceramic blue birdalso picked up this oversized burnt orange jumper for a £1, its the perfect length to wear over tights or leggings and im tempted to dye it another colour, not sure what colour it would suit and even if its ok to dye this sort of wool?? but its definitely going to come in handy for the autumn/winter 08 trends - kind of reminds me of the baggy jumpers Topshop will be bringing in later this year.

13 comments:

selinaoolala said...

you really do pick the best topshop pieces! i love how you see something in them that isn't obvious like most of the items that scream 'this is fashionable', the skirt is lovely, oh to have a 75% discount! will definitely be posting a cv into topshop this year!

selinaoolala said...

speaking of that, i dont know whether you can but could you give some tips on getting a job at topshop? i'm sure it might help others too, or maybe it's just if you're the right person!

Inside the Cabinet of Wonder said...

i love your cute little charity shop finds. i think the necklace is really cute. i think my nan had some of the little birds!
love your blog! :D

elisabeth said...

thank you selina :) and i think i'll do a post on tips for applying to Topshop, ultimately its if your the right sort of person for the job - but theres alot you can do to get even to the interviewing stage, i'll do a post on that this week :)

Claudia said...

That skirt is following me! I saw it on 3 blogs already, and it's sooo annoying, because I love it, but summers over and I still have a lot of dresses/skirts I didn't wore that much. But the dress is divine/stunning/gorgeous/purrrfect!

yiqin; said...

The skirt is beyond amazing! & I love yor top as well! I cannot wiat for my exams to be over either! Even though I am not exactly studying very hard right now.. =X

~Jay~ said...

great finds[: gosh i wish i lived in Europe instead of America, u guys have such great thrift stores!

Richel said...

love your look, I really like the necklace as well. Your hair cut is really cool too!

Shade said...

love this outfit. especially the skirt

Wendy said...

Oh god, that skirt is too amazing for words!

IRIS and PIETER said...

the skirt is so lovely!
and what a gorgeous sweater!
I love huuuge sweaters.
just perfect items you'be bought there

Sara Louise said...

Hey!I know Hanley isn't up to much charity shop wise, as usually they're quite pricey and full of junk. You found some really cool stuff though! I don't know if you've been anywhere else, but the best ones I've found in stoke are in Newcastle,Leek or even Stoke itself. This is where you'll find the kind of old ones that are still just labelled 'charity shop' and are full of really cool and cheap things! one in Leek has all jewellry 50p, and pretty much everything else isn't higher than £2. And the £1 rail in Cancer Research in Newcastle used to be amazing when I was at school.

Sara Louise said...

p.s don't know if you know but there's a magazine stand in Hanley market selling back issues of magazines like dazed, tank, vogue, etc for £1!