Monday, 1 December 2008

velour

it may just look like an everyday boring box.... but inside this box is my very first sewing machine!:)
we were given a £50 voucher (for all our hard work during Model Store) in work and up until the last minute i was just going to get a Topshop voucher and treat myself to some clothes. but then i had a 'lightbulb' moment and realised that i didn't really need anymore clothes right now and i had been wanting a sewing machine for as long as i could remember!
so what luck that Argos sold a mini sewing machine for exactly £50 (well a few pence cheaper due to the VAT cuts!). now all those idea's that have been swimming around my head may actually come to life
first thing im going to do is alter these velvet leggings, taking them in a bit and maybe lengthening them, then im going to make a skirt or two out of some dark blue velvet i picked up in a charity shop today. and just to further my current fixation with velour, i also bought a beautiful purple velvet jacket in Help the Aged today, a little bright for my liking but im trying to move away for the black and grey... or maybe i could dye it, just to dull it down a little. does anyone know if you can dye velour?however until i get all my assignments done, the sewing machine is going to remain in the box :(

7 comments:

DaisyChain said...

Good luck getting your assignments done, I can't wait to see what you come up with clothes wise =)

FashionSqueah! said...

The leggings look really good on you, it makes me glad I didn't buy them as they'd have been too short anyway! That cardigan is a great find too, but I haven't a clue whether or not you could dye it...would the back of a dye box say on it what doesn't work? Jelous of your cute new sewing machine too, I'd ask for one for Christmas if I thought I'd be able to use it!

Stephanie said...

those leggings are amazing!

my name is Kit said...

This is my first time commenting on your blog but I'm a regular visitor!

I LOVE VELVET. I am totally obsessing over it too, even though it is currently summer. I have an amazing collection of velvet dresses, but leggings are my ultimate must-have! I've been scouring thrift shops to find some but so far not luck, yours look amazing!

xo

withasianstereotypes said...

This is brilliant. Your leggings frame your legs so well. I've never attained a liking of velvet but this is pretty much blowing my mind, I might have to rethink it. I love your blog baaaaabbbyyyy!

&hearts, withasianstereotypes

SJ said...

a sowing machine for 50 squid?? i need this in my life.

selinaoolala said...

i have that machine! its very good but i was a little too rough with it and broke the bobbin bit. never got round to fixing it... must do so soon! need velour leggings in my life also