Sunday, 28 February 2010

sunday blues

Photobucket
Photobucket
1. uniform picked at work; hawiian shirt - Topshop Unique, Lila jeans, denim cut offs and loafers all by Topshop
2. coral shirt dress - Whistles


im a loner for the day since the boyfriend is heading off to Cambridge and unfortunetly any plans of visiting Brick Lane and the Battersea car boot sale today were ruinned by the pouring rain here in London :( oh well, maybe next week.

its been a stressful few weeks at work with everyone telling me 'your not your happy self' ie due to Model Store and a lot of staff leaving i've turned into a unhappy knome. but hey, not to put a dampener on any readers i did get some goodies yesterday in the form of uniform at work* and a treat to myself of some lilic nailpolish and some D&G The Collection perfume - a set of mini versions of each perfume for a rather cheap and cheerful £23. i cannot stop sniffing my wrists!

also having massive cravings for this dress i spotted in Whistles the other week, its so beautiful and soft!completely not my style (im saying that a lot recently aren't i??) but something i can see myself wearing a lot during the summer. it must be fate that the latest issue of Grazia has a 25% of voucher for Whistles, right?!

*note the pair of jeans - my first pair of jeans in over 3 years, go me!

21 comments:

oh emma said...

same! i'm a londoner, and was planning to go to portobello road.. stupid rain. alexa chung has that hawaiian shirt too, i'm so jealous! love your blog :) xo

Hannah said...

When did Whistles get so good?! That dress is amazing. Too bad it'd still cost me £80ish even with that discount.

crimzonite said...

I sometimes like it when it's raining, but Sundays are normally the brightest day of the week.

I like the coral shirt dress but I'd run out of ideas of the possible ways to wear it, so I can get value for money; but you seem to really like it.

Crystal said...

That dress seriously says, "Summa summa summa time..." DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince anyone?

Jesss said...

the hawaiian shirt is very much on my wish list.

kad the mad said...

the color of that dress is lovely and i'm in love with that small collar! i think it would make a great summer staple and i'm quite sure it would suit you very well;)

Laura MW said...

I was wondering, how does the topshop unique shirt come up in sizes? Small/oversized?
It's gorgeous and I love your choice of pairings too.

X

Verity Appleton said...

Ah I wanted to visit Brick Lane and get the good old 344 to Battersea too. Loving the whistle dress, mainly as I love nude colours at the moment.

daisy kate said...

I absolutely love that shirt so much, and that whistles dress is beaut. The shirt was shown on alexa chung on her vogue blog, if you haven't seen it I've posted a blog about it on my page :) oh, so jealous. if you get a second, please take a look at my blog @ www.dazedyoungmess.blogspot.com/

:)

'Lee said...

I love that Hawaiian shirt and coral shirt dress.

Theory of a fashion victim
xoxo

Laura MW said...

Saw your tweet about the dress...completely understand.

I have this inner battle over spending large sums of money on clothes - is it worth it? Yet probably if you know the system for figuring out clothes you will wear a ton then thats the best way to go about it.

X

Clare said...

Great choices, very summery. That is really nice for Whistles! Rain ruins the best plans, stupid weather.

iliketweet.blogspot

x

elk said...

im about to move to london- wondering if you could do a list of places to go/see/shop?
i love your style xx

Miss Woo said...

I think the Whistles dress would really suit you! It would look good with some black tights now and your Oxford docs:) I'm tempted to get a white dress from there, but I think I missed out on the grazia voucher...

Clara said...

Love your choices. Once funds permit, i'll be looking to get me a nice hawaiian shirt too! P.S. that whistles dress is lovely!

Greer said...

i love the apricot dress.x

控制 said...

心中有愛,才會人見人愛。........................................

young-shields said...

nice hawaiian shirt miss!

soz bit nosey, but is your boyfriend going to cambridge cos he goes to uni there or was it a day visit? (my boyf goes there!)

claire x

DREAMY said...

oh i used to love choosing uniform! and i have to say i don't think i could have resisted that hawaiian shirt. yum yum. x

a. said...

just what i like.

who am i said...

that shirt dress is undeniably gorgeous!