Monday, 5 April 2010

monday morning

Photobucket
Photobucket
(www.blackvelvetcircus.com)

first came across one of these images on my favourite blog Freelancer and by chance i managed to stumble across the vintage store it came from. Black Velvet Circus has some real hidden jems but even better is the styling of the images, im in absolute love of how they've put the outfits together with beautiful brogues and lace up boots and little details like rolled up hems. i bet these girls have the most wonderful wardrobes! anyway, i definately recommend you check it out!

and thank you for all the nice comments this weekend, cheered me up :) im trying to look at things more positively,even when i feel like running out of work screaming! and maybe treat myself to little things when it gets really bad!got a rare day off today so heres the plan;
- finally finish my cross stitch items
- go to American Apparel's rummage sale in Brick Lane
- maybe treat myself to an icecream
- go see the Lina Scheynius exhibition this evening

9 comments:

Clare said...

Looks amazing! I'll have to wander over and check it out...

tweet tweet tweet

x

vanillasoy said...

If you get icecream get choc-chip cookie dough from baskin robbins, best stuff everrr :D xx

a. said...

yeah, i know the onlineshop too.
some great looks. better then many others...

Ally said...

lovely styling, a nice change from so many other vintage stores that all start to blend together. off to check it out now...

DREAMY said...

yes that s nice styling. sorry to hear you're not feeling great. icecream does wonders! x

Susan said...

Gorgeous pics. I like your plans for the week too, the sale sounds ace, wish I was in London. I've also fairly recently bought a cross stitch set, but just haven't found the time to start it! Maybe I'll give it a go today!

Twobreadsplease said...

i hope you had a good day off! and that shop is amazing, so tempted by the two piece trouser suit.. x

crimzonite said...

Thanks for that undeserving blog mention. I had a quick browse of Black Velvet Circus and some of the looks are a bit too bold for me, but I like the more subtle looks like the first four you've posted. Thanks for finding out the store. :)

Megan said...

I really wish I now went to the AmericanA rumage sale
it sounded soo good :)

I'll have to check the website out