Saturday, 22 January 2011

jumping in at the deep end...

Photobucket

(my outfit; t-shirt from Oxford, cardigan by Uniqlo, skirt by Acne, brogues by NW3. photos taken by Jill and video filmed by Next)

one of my New Years resolutions was to do more outfit post for this blog, that and just spend more time dedicated to it and being part of the blogger's community and not hiding behind my laptop screen so much. for over a year now i refused to attend any bloggers events or do outfit posts because it seemed easier to remain hidden and almost anonymous with the blog so this post is kinda like throwing myself in the deep end! so far it's going ok, but like my resolution to do more exercise we'll see how long that lasts.

this was the outfit i wore to the Next Blogger's day out 2 weeks ago and the lovely Jill from Polka Dot took some pictures of it. she also wrote a wonderful post about my outfit here, it turns out my skirt is becoming a good talking point.
i also thought i'd post the video down by Next about our styling challenge because i think as much as i cringe watching it back, its kinda a good laugh too, seems im one of those people that use their hands a lot when speaking!haha

19 comments:

Kb said...

Ahhh you look beauts! Also great to see your video too, you really explained yourself well under pressure and I love how the bag is a dead ringer for Celine. I definitely want to do more outfit posts too, I feel like I'm forever buying things but no one is seeing how I'm wearing it all. It's a great way to keep track of your style too.
See you soon!

olivia grace said...

you look amazing, and I love the way you styled the jeans! x

oh emma said...

i love your acne skirt and NW3 brogues! and your whole outfit in fact! super gorgeous

emma xx
www.oh-emma.com

Jazzabelle said...

i still adore your skirt, it's just so pretty. i really loved how you styled it down with the brogues and a tee.

love your video, too! you are such a natural in front of the camera.

yes please to more outfit posts! xx

Zoe said...

love that skirt so much, i have the rubbish river island knock off http://www.riverisland.com/Online/women/skirts--shorts/skirts/black-printed-floral-skirt-599942
and still havent quite worked out how to glam it up really.

hope you keep up the outfit posts!
xxx

Jade said...

Your skirt is gorgeous xx

Immie said...

I think i'm in love with that skirt!
being from oxford I have a few of those t-shirts...arent they so comfortable!
Great blog!
Immie x
http://ihlittlewhirlsofskirts.blogspot.com/

MargieF said...

ive read your blog for a while and this is the first time ive actually seen you! its nice to put a face to the blog:)
i think you did a good job styling those jeans
margief
x
www.margieheartsclothes.blogspot.com

Twobreadsplease said...

you're such a beautiful lady!!! so pleased that you're representing oxford, heheee. come back soon, please!! x

Vicky said...

Perefct outfit. Love the t-shirt and skirt together! x

Phoebe said...

I've been reading your blog for a ridiculously long time and I think you used to do quite a few outfit posts (correct me if I'm wrong though) and I wondered what happened to them!
Glad they're back.
Goes without saying, ridiculously good skirt.

Phoebe x
le-belle-et-la-bete.blogspot.com

selinaoolala said...

ah love this! of all the next videos i've seen, i like yours the best, you are very natural in front of the camera because you don't seem shy and said lots of interesting stuff, it's great! also so pleased you got the acne skirt, it's lovely! yes more outfit posts please! and more videos maybe?! maybe we'll meet one day too!xx

Lady Moriarty said...

I love it, and I love this outfit. Even if I'm happy to be french, I regret not to be british sometimes, cause I don't have this AMAZING accent !

Plus, do U know where I can find Oxford T-shirt ?

See U !

Katie said...

YES THEY'RE BACK! :) I always enjoyed seeing your outfits! You look lovely on the video btw and I tend to use my hands alot when I speak too.. I can't help it! :P

Katie. x

Filipa said...

YAY on joining in! :) I love your outfit, and if it's a promise of your style you should totally do them often! :)

Cat Hufton said...

You look great and good on you for making the plunge. I like how humble you are. There are way too many vain bloggers out there so lovely to see someone who is cautious about self-publicity. Love the blog. x
http://www.thecatswhiskerz.blogspot.com/

L.C Sutton said...

this is amazing. you're so inspirational. must have been fun, and i like the blouse you picked.

Choux-Fleur said...

I love this post! You're so cute! I love the outfit you styled! Rock on, dear!

R A said...

The skirt is lovely. What a nice purchase. :)