Sunday, 25 September 2011

Bjork & Kate

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(images my own)

can't believe how long it's been since my last post, i do apologise, things as usual with work has been manic again. inbetween stressing about shades of paint and how to merchandise a trend though, i've been poring over photo shoots from 90's issues of The Face and Dazed & Confused. kinda perfect since i went to the Corinne Day: The Face exhibition last week with Mel and Michelle! im very lucky in the fact that my boyfriend works part time in a comic store that just recently got the biggest load of 90's magazines in, so while he's been doing his 'comic stuff' i've been hiding down the back of the store flicking through dozens of amazing magazines. the early issues from 1993 and 1995 with images of Bjork and Kate Moss are some my top favourite, think early 90's Bjork may be my new girl crush :)
im definately going to post more images of some of these as soon as i can, in the meantime if you want to get your hands on some of your own 90's inspiration, Orbital Comics has got lots on sale now.

p.s. oh and while i remember, i was very kindly invited to take part in a Radio 1Xtra show over London Fashion Week with other bloggers such as Susie Bubble and the amazing stylist Soki Mak. the show was broadcast last Thursday there but you can listen to it on their site. that is if you want to here my weird Northern Irish/English accent and myself saying "ummm...." a lot! haha. but yes it was a fantastic day and a really interesting debate between bloggers, stylists, editors etc etc so definately listen to it if you get the chance. and massive thank you to Sandy and the rest of the guys at Radio 1Xtra :)

3 comments:

MargieF said...

what a great way to pass a day, sitting looking through interesting old magazines. I love old pictures of Kate Moss she was so beautiful when she was younger
margief
x
www.margieheartsclothes.blogspot.com

ouestladiscotheque said...

Ooh deff popping in to orbital next time im in central! Luckily my boyf is also comic mad so this will be an easy bribe to come with me!
- Charlotte x

DREAMY said...

Eee I Just listened to the 1Xtra show, n you sound great. Very articulate, in your rather lovely accent. I found the blogger discussion the most interesting part of the show - thanks to yours and Susie's frank, positive words.