Friday, 17 February 2012

Yayoi Kusama - The Tate Modern

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

(my own pictures along with a video via The Tate Modern)

I've been a fan of Yayoi Kusama for a few years now ever since i fell in love with her 'Infinity Nets' studying art in High School, so i jumped at the chance to visit her latest exhibition at the Tate Modern. Even better than that i got to stand a few feet away from the artist in the flesh and totally geeked out so much so i struggled to operate my camera and take a photo of her (darn it!). anyway, it was such a pleasure to see her work, right from the early years in Japan, through her years in New York and her most recent pieces after her return to her home country.

If there's one thing i recommend you do soon, it is visit this exhibition and take a few minutes to stand in her 'Infinity room'. It's truly mind warping/amazing.....
I am actually going to have to go back just to take it all in again!

4 comments:

Angela Marie said...

Wow how awesome!

http://missangelamarie.blogspot.com

lara said...

Oh I am too jealous that you have been to see this exhibition. I am dying to go, but can't as I went abroad just a few days before it opened. Absolutely gutted - I think the concept of the Infinity Room is amazing and would have loved to experience it for myself! xx

http://lifeisunplanned.blogspot.com

DREAMY said...

I want to go.

DREAMY said...

And oh I love your new header!